Monday, May 10, 2010

por fin, soy misonera :)

hey everyone! i know it´s been quite a while, so i stopped by an internet cafe while i wait for my bus to get back to my site. i just visited another volunteer in southern misiones for a VAC meeting. i met 9 other volunteers who are all in my department of paraguay, which is reassuring to know i have some english speaking companions somewhat near by (the closest being about a 30 minute bus ride and a few mile walk). We ended up making mexican food and watching a marathon of jersey shore. it´s a little hilarious that i´m in peace corps paraguay watching probably one of the trashiest american tv shows out there, but it was a nice adversion to keep my thoughts away from thinking about my new site. i´ve only been there for a bout 5 days, and i dont really know what im supposed to be doing exactly. i´ve visited the school, met a bunch of guarani speaking families who told me that if i dont learn guarani fluently, we may have some problems, ill be making soap with the 8th grade class on wednesday, and ive just been doing things around the house like washing my clothes, and helping my ma cook some paraguayan food. it´s all gone really smoothly so far,and i couldnt be happier with the family im currently living with. i live with a married couple, and 2 seventeen year old girls who bring me around with them everywhere. i love where i´´m at, but im super nervous about what is expected of me. i think my community wants a lot of brick ovens, a reforestation project, and lessons regarding health in the schools. i have a lot of good things going for me, but it will be quite a long process to begin to have any type of sucessful project. first, i need to study guarani, and then ill worry about putting my muscles to work. ill keep you all posted. i have to go catch the bus, but hopefully i will be able to write more detail later. so much has been happening, and i havent had enough time on internet to really explain it to you all, but know that i am very happy, and i am doing very well. i miss you all greatly and i would huuuuuuuugely appreciate any texts, or skype calls to my new cell phone (its super cheap!)!!!! 011 595 984 610 017

much love, and congrats to the class of 2010. so proud of you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment